Lecturer of Occupational and Environmental Health
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
Associations between environmental pollutant exposures and respiratory disorders such as lung function decline, COPD or asthma, as well as potential mechanisms involved in the associations.
Progress in preventive medicine
Doctor’s Degree of Medicine, Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine, Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
2017-present Lecturer, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Past and ongoing projects, funding, programs
2019-2021 Role of Wnt5a-mediated non-canonical Wnt-YAP/TAZ pathway in airway epithelial damage and pulmonary function decline induced by environmental polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon exposure, National Natural Science Foundation of China, PI;
2019-2020 Role of plasma miRNAs as potential biomarkers for airway epithelial damage induced by exposure to fine particles, the Health Commission of Hubei Province scientific research project [grant number: WJ2019M115]
1. Yun Zhou#, Huizhen Sun#, Jungang Xie, Yuanchao Song, Yuewei Liu, Xiji Huang, Ting Zhou, Yi Rong, Tangchun Wu, Jing Yuan, Weihong Chen. Urinary polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon metabolites and altered lung function in Wuhan, China. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016;193(8):835-46. （#co-first author）
2. Yun Zhou, Ge Mu, Yuewei Liu, Lili Xiao, Jixuan Ma, Bin Wang, Tingming Shi, Aijun Tan, Jing Yuan, Weihong Chen. Urinary polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon metabolites, Club cell secretory protein and lung function. Environ Int. 2018, 111: 109-116.
3. Yun Zhou, Yuewei Liu, Huizhen Sun, Jixuan Ma, Lili Xiao, Limin Cao, Wei Li, Bin Wang, Jing Yuan, Weihong Chen. Associations of urinary polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon metabolites with fractional exhaled nitric oxide and exhaled carbon monoxide: A cross-sectional study. Sci Total Environ. 2018, 618: 542-550.
4. Yuewei Liu#, Yun Zhou#, Kyle Steenland, Xinjian He, Tingming Shi, Weihong Chen. Association between long-term exposure to low level crystalline silica and mortality risk: a 44-year cohort study from China. Am J Epidemiol. 2017. （#co-first author）
5. Yun Zhou, Runbo Zhang, Yuewei Liu, Yanjun Guo, Dongming Wang, Meian He, Jing Yuan, Yuan Liang, Xiaomin Zhang, Youjie Wang, Huan Guo, Sheng Wei, Xiaoping Miao, Ping Yao, Tangchun Wu, Weihong Chen. Association of regular physical activity with total and cause-specific mortality among middle-aged and older Chinese: a prospective cohort study. Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 39939.
6. Huizhen Sun#, Jian Hou#, Yun Zhou#, Yuqing Yang, Juan Cheng, Tian Xu, Lili Xiao, Weihong Chen, Jing Yuan. Dose-response relationship between urinary polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons metabolites and urinary 8-hydroxy-2‘-deoxyguanosine in a Chinese general population. Chemosphere. 2017 May; 174:506-514. （#co-first author）
7. Chen Hu#, Jian Hou#, Yun Zhou#, Huizhen Sun, Wenjun Yin, Youjian Zhang, Xian Wang, Guiyang Wang, Weihong Chen, Jing Yuan. Association of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons exposure with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk: A role of mean platelet volume or club cell secretory protein. Environ Pollut. 2017, 233: 45-53. （#co-first author）
8. Yun Zhou#, Yuewei Liu#, Yuanchao Song, Jungang Xie, Xiuqing Cui, Bing Zhang, Tingming Shi, Jing Yuan, Weihong Chen. Short-term Effects of Outdoor Air Pollution on Lung Function among Female Non-smokers in China. Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 34947. （#co-first author）
9. Zhou Yun, Wang Haijiao, Xing Jingcai, Liu Yuewei, Cui Xiuqing, Guo Jiali, Chen Weihong. Expression levels of surfactant-associated proteins and inflammation cytokines in serum and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid among coal miners: a case-control study. J Occup Environ Med. 2014; 56(5):484-8.