Associate Professor of Occupational and Environmental Health
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
Environmental Epidemiology, Genetic Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics
Roles of environmental exposure/Air pollution and gene-environmental interaction on respiratory diseases
Shared genetic architecture/ pleiotropy and its effect on chronic diseases including respiratory and cardio-metabolic diseases
Awards and Honors
2020 Barry R. and Irene Tilenius Bloom Fellowship, Harvard University
2019 The Program in Quantitative Genomics (PQG) Travel Awards, Harvard University
2006-2011 M.D., School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
2007-2011 B.A., School of Foreign Language, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
2011-2016 Ph.D, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
2016-2019 Research Fellow, Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
2016-2021 Research Fellow, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
2018-2021 Research Fellow, Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
2018-2021 Research Fellow, Preventive Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
2021-Present Associate Professor, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
(# Co-first author; * Corresponding author)
1. Guo Yanjun#; Moon Jee-Young#; Laurie C Cathy; North E Kari; Sanchez-Johnsen A P Lisa; Davis Sonia; Yu Bing; Nyenhuis M Sharmilee; Kaplan Robert; Rastogi Deepa*; Qi Qibin; Genetic predisposition to obesity is associated with asthma in US Hispanics/Latinos: Results from the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos , Allergy, 2018, 73(7): 1547-1550.
2. Guo Yanjun; Cao Limin; Zhou Yun; Xiao Lili; Zhang Xiaomin; Yuan Jing; Chen Weihong*; Cardiometabolic traits mediated the relationship from urinary polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons metabolites to heart rate variability reduction: A community-based study , Environmental Pollution, 2018, 243(Pt A): 28-36.
3. Yanjun Guo; Pamela M Rist; Maria Sabater-Lleal; Paul de Vries; Nicholas Smith; Paul M Ridker; Tobias Kurth; Daniel Chasman*; Association Association Between Hemostatic Profile and Migraine: A Mendelian Randomization Analysis, Neurology, 2021, 10(1).
4. Guo Yanjun*; Pamela M Rist; Iyas Daghlas; Franco Giulianini; International Headache Genetics Consortium; 23andMe Research Team; Tobias Kurth; Daniel I Chasman*; A genome-wide cross-phenotype meta-analysis of the association of blood pressure with migraine, Nat Commun, 2020, 11(1): 0-3368.
5. Zhu Zhaozhong#*; Guo Yanjun#; Huwenbo Shi; Cong-Lin Liu; Ronald Allan Panganiban; Wonil Chung; Luke J O'Connor; Blanca E Himes; Steven Gazal; Kohei Hasegawa; Carlos A Camargo Jr; Lu Qi; Miriam F Moffatt; Frank B Hu; Quan Lu; Liming Liang*; Shared genetic and experimental links between obesity-related traits and asthma subtypes in UK Biobank, J Allergy Clin Immunol, 2020, 145(2): 537-549.
6. Shan Zhilei#*; Guo Yanjun#; Hu Frank B.; Liu Liegang; Qi Qibin; Association of Low-Carbohydrate and Low-Fat Diets With Mortality Among US Adults, JAMA Intern Med, 2020, 180(4): 513-523.
7. Guo Yanjun; Chung Wonil; Zhu Zhaozhong; Shan Zhilei; Li Jun; Liu Simin; Liang Liming*; Genome-Wide Assessment for Resting Heart Rate and Shared Genetics With Cardiometabolic Traits and Type 2 Diabetes, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2019, 74(17): 2162-2174.